If snowboarding is your passion…we can help turn it into a career.
Rookie Academy has an awesome selection of snowboard courses for any aspiring snowboard instructor. We’re here to help you improve your skills, achieve your goals, and ensure you get the most out of your time with us.
Our snowboard instructor courses are the only choice if you want to ride like a pro while having an incredible winter experience.
What to expect on your course
- Handpicked trainers of the highest calibre, who bring broad experience, deep understanding and world-class career building connections to our programs.
- Heaps of vertical, you can expect to clock up 150,000 vertical meters of riding over an 8 to 11 week course
- Identifying your strengths as well as your skill deficiencies to help you fine tune your technique
- Learning new skills that will help you rip up the entire mountain
- Freestyle specific training, switch riding, sliding boxes and airs
- Learning the art of movement analysis and developing your eye for spotting good and bad technique in yourself and your students
Which location is the right one for me?
New Zealand – July to September
The perfect place to either gain or further your qualifications, getting your qualification in New Zealand means you can go straight into an instructing job in the Northern Hemisphere, or if you are already working as an instructor don’t give up valuable earning potential by training and sitting exams in the Northern Hemisphere do that in your off-season.
- 2 – 12 week course durations
- New Zealand (SBINZ) qualifications
- Level 1, 2 and 3 course options
Aspen – December to April
Yes it’s where the rich and famous hangout…but the real drawcard is the huge amount of terrain available across four mountains, the light dry Colorado powder, and the consistently great weather.
- 1 – 10 week course durations
- American (AASI) qualifications
- Level 1 and 2 options