Level 2 or 3 CSIA Ski Instructor Training in New Zealand
Take your skiing and instructing skills to a new level over the summer... Test your skiing in the Southern Alps... Train with CSIA Demo Team members... Start the 2013-14 season with CSIA 2 or 3.
Rookie Academy CSIA courses are directed by JF Beaulieu a CSIA Level 4 examiner and member of Canada’s elite Inter-ski team.
*For a limited time*
Book a 5 week or longer course and get one extra week’s accommodation, lift passes and transport for FREE
CSIA Level 3
CSIA Level 2
|Already have ISIA?
3 Week Trainer
| All Prices are in New Zealand Dollars to convert to a different currency use our Currency Calculator
Rookie Academy full-time Southern Hemisphere courses are:
- Based in Wanaka, New Zealand at Treble Cone Ski Area
- Include either the CSIA Level 2 or 3 qualifications
- Are offered over durations from 3 – 5 weeks to match the intensity of training you’re looking for
- Conducted in small groups of 5 – 7 people
- Bring in the best of our international trainers for a truly world class experience
- Completed with snow-sports career development and job placement via the New Zealand Rookie Academy global ski school network
Expect to train 5 hours per day, 4 days per week. Our courses include a significant amount of on-snow video analysis and some off-snow study to crystallise the learning you do on the snow and truly accelerate your ability.
How We Train
The Rookie Academy is just that ... an Academy dedicated to the craft of ski and snowboard instructing. The Rookie Academy is run by and filled with people for whom skiing and boarding is a life’s work.
Rookie Trainers are hand picked and our courses designed to help you get the most out of your time at the Academy. These practical, industry driven courses cover a comprehensive range of technical skills and teaching techniques. At the Academy expect to:
- Ski or board a lot! Rookies typically clock up 150,000 vertical meters of skiing over a 9 to 10 week course
- Learn the art of movement analysis and develop your eye for spotting good and bad technique in yourself and your students
- Improve your physical and snow-specific fitness and learn how to protect your most valuable asset (your body) by keeping yourself in the best physical condition for your on-snow career
- Develop your own network of snow-professionals as you become part of the Rookie Alumni
- A season in a true ski town
We earned and build our international reputation by producing a consistently high standard of instructors. Our record is unrivalled and every season we aim to keep it that way by bringing back the best instructors and developing our courses to be the most practical, in-depth and industry-appealing on the planet.Book your course