Your instructor dream can be a reality... Our New Zealand ski instructor courses offering BASI (British Association of Snowsports Instructors) qualifications include everything you need to make the most of your Southern Hemisphere winter.
When you book one of our BASI courses, you book a course run by BASI trainers, with all training and assessing conducted by experienced BASI Examiners.
*Sign up for one of our 2014 courses and get an extra week FREE*
BASI Level 1 & 2
|| 6th Sept
BASI Level 2
|5 Week BASI ISIA
|Already have ISIA?
3 Week Trainer
|All Prices are in New Zealand Dollars to convert to a different
currency use our Currency Calculator
Rookie Academy full-time BASI Southern Hemisphere courses are:
- Based in Wanaka, New Zealand at Treble Cone Ski Area
- Cover BASI Level 1, 2 and ISIA qualifications
- Are offered over durations from 5 – 9 weeks to match the intensity of training you’re looking for
- Conducted in small groups of 5 – 7 people
- Bring in the best of our international trainers for a truly world class experience
- Completed with snow-sports career development and job placement via the New Zealand Rookie Academy global ski school network
Expect to train 5 hours per day, 4 days per week. Our courses include a significant amount of on-snow video analysis and some off-snow study to crystallise the learning you do on the snow and truly accelerate your ability.
How We Train
The Rookie Academy is just that ... an Academy dedicated to the craft of ski and snowboard instructing. The Rookie Academy is run by and filled with people for whom skiing and boarding is a life’s work.
Rookie Trainers are hand picked and our courses designed to help you get the most out of your time at the Academy. These practical, industry driven courses cover a comprehensive range of technical skills and teaching techniques. At the Academy expect to:
- Ski or board a lot! Rookies typically clock up 150,000 vertical meters of skiing over a 9 to 11 week course
- Learn the art of movement analysis and develop your eye for spotting good and bad technique in yourself and your students
- Improve your physical and snow-specific fitness and learn how to protect your most valuable asset (your body) by keeping yourself in the best physical condition for your on-snow career
- Develop your own network of snow-professionals as you become part of the Rookie Alumni
- A season in a true ski town
We earned and build our international reputation by producing a consistently high standard of instructors. Our record is unrivalled and every season we aim to keep it that way by bringing back the best instructors and developing our courses to be the most practical, in-depth and industry-appealing on the planet.Book your course