5 Week Ski Instructor Course - PSIA Level 2
Take your skiing and instructing skills to a new level...
Test you’re skiing at Aspen's 4 Mountains, a local’s favourite in Colorado with fantastic variety in terrain.
Finish the 2014 season skiing better then you could have ever imagined! Through the training provided by the Rookie Academy, you will have the opportunity to develop new skill sets, further existing skills, and gain higher levels of certification to set you up for success in future seasons.
Rookie Academy trainers include - Jonathan Ballou - Jonathan is a PSIA-RM Level 3 Examiner, CETT Team member and Alpine Committee Chairperson with PSIA-RM, as well as the Alpine Certification Lead Trainer for the Ski and Snowboard Schools of Aspen. Jonathan is also a current Examiner and Ski Committee member with the NZSIA.
Develop Your High End Skiing:
- Develop your understanding and ability to perform in a multitude of terrain through intense skill focused training both on-piste and off.
- Experience training methods from demonstrators and examiners from different countries
- Increase your confidence and technical abilities.
- Develop understanding of teaching strategies for modern skiing.
- Develop your skills to teach and train to an intermediate level and into advanced skiing arenas, such as off-piste and bumps
- Learn teaching philosophy and pedagogy from multiple systems to increase your effectiveness as an instructor or trainer
Come to the course fit and ready to ski a lot. The program can be physically demanding -- we recommend fitness training designed to build strength, endurance and flexibility.
You would suit this courses if:
- You have a desire to pursue a career or job in the ski instruction industry
- You currently hold a basic level (Level 1 certification in ski instruction)
- You want to progress your skills as a professional ski instructor.
- You are looking to challenge your existing skill level
- You want to be a part of the international ski instructor fraternity that the Rookie Academy can offer you.
You'll end the winter with experiences to treasure and skills that will get you jobs at ski and ride schools around the world.
Accommodation is not included in the course price but we can organize fully furnished accommodation for you at an extra cost. Twin share and single rooms are available; please let us know if you require help arranging accommodation for your course.
Your 5 Week Ski Instructor Course Includes:
• Aspen 4 Mountain pass
• Training for 4 weeks – 4 days a week – 4/5 hours per day
• 1 Week PSIA Level 2 exam
• Personal skills development including carving, powder, bumps and big mountain
• Park & Pipe introduction to develop your freestyle skills
• On snow video analysis
• Introduction to "Racing" & qualification through NASTAR
• Indoor technical and exam theory sessions
• Complimentary local transportation services to Aspen's 4 mountains & local townships
• Tuning & equipment clinic
• Team organized social event and welcome orientation
• Rookie Academy apparel Item
• Training groups of 4 to 6
• World-class international trainers and examiners who are dedicated to your success
• Trip to Denver to watch an American pro sports event - basketball, hockey…
• Internationally recognized certification – PSIA qualifications.
• Annual membership to the PSIA
• Training manuals and materials
• Advice and discounts on the purchase of snowsports equipment including the opportunity to receive Rookie Academy USA affiliated sponsors and distributor discounts -- see our ski gear guide.
• Job Placement and Snowsports career development after the course via the Rookie Academy USA global ski school network
• Accommodation is not included in the course price but we can organize fully furnished accommodation for you at an extra cost. Twin share and single rooms are available; please let us know if you require help arranging accommodation for your course.
Contact email@example.com more information on our US ski instructor course packages at Aspen, Colorado.